Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84702members
354081posts

Battery Back-up

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
DBBakersfield_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Battery Back-up

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/7/2010

Can I return A Bak-Ups XS 900 battery back up with out a receipt or maybe a free repair.

Accepted Solutions
DBBakersfield_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Battery Back-up

Can I return A Bak-Ups XS 900 battery back up with out a receipt or maybe a free repair.

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
wsalcedo_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Loud high-pitched beeping from my Battery Back-up

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/15/2010

My APC back up just recently starting emitting this very loud high-pitched sound. How do I eliminate the sound? Do I need to replace the unit? It's about 3-4 years old. Can anyone help me with this problem? It's driving my wife crazy but doesn't bother me because I can't hear high-pitched sound too much. Thanks.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Loud high-pitched beeping from my Battery Back-up

This reply was originally posted by Laurie on APC forums on 2/15/2010

This should really be in a separate thread... But to answer your question, it depends. There could be a variety of things wrong with it, depending on the symptoms. What are the lights on the front? Is it passing power? Does it always make this sound? Are you using the software that came with it? It would probably be faster to call tech support to troubleshoot and figure out what the issue is: 800-890-4272

shasuren_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2010

Hey try out the below test to resolve the issue.

Here are the Steps of 'Cold Start' to test the UPS itself:
1. Please unplug all connected devices from the unit including the interface cable if connected.
2. Switch the unit off if it is on
3. Unplug the unit from the wall outlet.
4. Then press the power switch and release it as soon as you hear a long beep. Please Note: We need to release the button before the long beep ends.
5. The unit should come up on battery and beep 4 times every 30 seconds
6. Then plug in the UPS to wall outlet, the Green LED will glow.

If still same issue perist, let me know the resutls and other details for the same.

*Exact Watt rating of the Load attached to the UPS. Please specify the connections of each Load?
*Is there any LED blinking or any type of audible sound coming from the UPS?
*Does the UPS is connected directly to the Wall outlet or through some Surge Protector or Power Strip. And are the Equipment connected to the UPS directly?

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Laurie on APC forums on 4/13/2010

I wouldn't really suggest troubleshooting steps before knowing what's wrong with the unit.

DBBakersfield_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Battery Back-up