Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84631members
353959posts

Back-UPS Pro 900 end noise?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
fbassini_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Back-UPS Pro 900 end noise?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/1/2012

I have buy a Back-UPS pro 900 but when i turn it on emits an continuos noise is normal? Noise should issue only when running on battery and not with operation from 230v mains. I buy it because my Apc RS 800 is ko ! The 800 when run on 230 volt main supply do not emits any noise. The 800 emit noise only when work on battery.

Thank you

Message was edited by: fbassini

Accepted Solutions
R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS Pro 900 end noise?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/11/2012

Hi fbassini, it sounds like this ups could be overloaded. If there too much equipment being plugged into this ups, it will emit a loud constant tone when on battery. I would suggest trying to remove a few devices and then see if the constant tone goes away when the UPS is operating on battery. Hope this helps.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
R2_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS Pro 900 end noise?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/11/2012

Hi fbassini, it sounds like this ups could be overloaded. If there too much equipment being plugged into this ups, it will emit a loud constant tone when on battery. I would suggest trying to remove a few devices and then see if the constant tone goes away when the UPS is operating on battery. Hope this helps.