Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84449members
353654posts

Back-UPS Pro 1300 - Quick double beeps every 2 seconds - Battery icon flashing with no battery level

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
blackfish_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Back-UPS Pro 1300 - Quick double beeps every 2 seconds - Battery icon flashing with no battery level

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/15/2017

Hi folks,

I've got a Back-UPS Pro 1300 that is only 6 months old that is double beeping, every two seconds. The battery icon is also flashing, and shows no battery life but the unit says it's Online.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions
mariodiana
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS Pro 1300 - Quick double beeps every 2 seconds - Battery icon flashing with no battery level

@UnexpectedBill_apc 

I just followed your instructions, thank you. My XS 1500 was making rapid double-beeps, every two seconds; additionally, the battery indicator was blinking, with its status bars empty. 

After powering off the unit, unplugging everything, removing the battery, and then holding the power button down for a few seconds, the unit made a long beep that died out (as power reserves drained). I then reversed the procedure: replacing the battery, plugging back in all devices, plugging the unit back in, and then turning it on.

When the unit turned back on, the indicators had changed. All the battery status bars on the indicator are now filled, but to the left of the battery indicator a flashing battery icon with an "X" through it appeared. 

I have ordered a replacement battery. Thanks, again.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
UnexpectedBill_apc
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS Pro 1300 - Quick double beeps every 2 seconds - Battery icon flashing with no battery level

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/16/2017

Safely power down the attached load. Disconnect the UPS from AC power and whatever is plugged into it. Flip it over and disconnect (or remove) the battery pack.

Press and hold down the UPS power button for a few seconds. It might react by producing a beep and some clicking sounds.

Reconnect the battery, plug the UPS back into the outlet and plug your loads back into the UPS. Turn the UPS back on and see if that doesn't help. If it doesn't, I'd contact APC technical support via telephone or e-mail.

blackfish_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/16/2017

Thanks for your tips. I've given that a go, and unfortunately hasn't changed anything so I guess she has to go in for service!

mariodiana
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

@UnexpectedBill_apc 

I just followed your instructions, thank you. My XS 1500 was making rapid double-beeps, every two seconds; additionally, the battery indicator was blinking, with its status bars empty. 

After powering off the unit, unplugging everything, removing the battery, and then holding the power button down for a few seconds, the unit made a long beep that died out (as power reserves drained). I then reversed the procedure: replacing the battery, plugging back in all devices, plugging the unit back in, and then turning it on.

When the unit turned back on, the indicators had changed. All the battery status bars on the indicator are now filled, but to the left of the battery indicator a flashing battery icon with an "X" through it appeared. 

I have ordered a replacement battery. Thanks, again.

Tags (1)