Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82521members
350123posts

BN-1500 drops power for 1-2 seconds when AC restored?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

RichA
Crewman
Crewman

BN-1500 drops power for 1-2 seconds when AC restored?

I'm just now doing some testing of AC power fail, and my BN-1500 does a fine shutdown, including shutting down a Win 10 workstation on a 1 minute trigger.   

After 2-3 minutes of being off,  backup power is still going fine, I restore AC.  Then this happens: 

1.  surge outlets turn on

2. front panel continues to shows On Batt, minimal load (1 bar), batter is 3 of 4 bars, and 32 min power remaining (no indicator of AC yet)

3. Windows workstation is triggered and starts booting

4. about 10-20 seconds after AC restore, the BN-1500 front panel suddenly goes black for ~4 sec and all power outlets go off.

5. BN-1500 front panel comes back on, showing  On Line, minimal load, 4/5 battery bars, 121V.   

6. Windows starts rebooting again.  All other devices are in reboot after this power drop.

-->what's going on?   Why did BN-1500 drop power for 4 seconds after AC was restored?????

I have a video where I captured the front panel indicators!

Tags (1)