Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84628members
353951posts

BE550G staying on battery too long

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
masonmacphail_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

BE550G staying on battery too long

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/23/2011

Hey everyone,

I bought a surge protector with battery backup from APC and i really just got it because when i turn on the disposal my computer loses power. My electricity fluctuates a lot so i got this battery backup to fix it. Turns out i get over voltages that cause my computer to shut off.

The problem im having now with the backup is that it happens quite often and my backup is staying on too long thus running the battery down over time. Is there a way to set it up where it just turns on the battery for just a second then goes back to AC?

Thanks guys for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Elec_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: BE550G staying on battery too long

if your electricity is so bad or the voltage fluctuate in a wide range for many time per hour , you can install before the ups an AVR (automatic voltage regulator) electrical unit,
it will regulate properly the voltage and deliver it to the ups.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
masonmacphail_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/24/2011

Thanks for all the help. Yeah i put it on the least sensitive setting but it wasn't enough, so i upped the voltage threshold to its highest setting and it seems to have done the trick. I need to look into that voltage regulator. Thank you guys for all the input!

Elec_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/24/2011

Welcome.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 2/23/2011

Normally, the UPS would stay on battery until it gets/sees a good incoming power. Have you also installed the APC PowerChute software? This would tell us what had caused the UPS to run on battery.

Elec_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

if your electricity is so bad or the voltage fluctuate in a wide range for many time per hour , you can install before the ups an AVR (automatic voltage regulator) electrical unit,
it will regulate properly the voltage and deliver it to the ups.