Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84541members
353795posts

APC UPS switches to battery mode eventhough there is no power failure

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
anto0406_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

APC UPS switches to battery mode eventhough there is no power failure

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/14/2011

I am using APC UPS for last 3 years, now i have a strange problem that it turns on as usual and after few minutes it switches to battery mode and start beeping. it forces me to switch off my pc. can anybody help me how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
anto0406_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: APC UPS switches to battery mode eventhough there is no power failure

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/15/2011

Hi Kulot,

thanks for the reply. the unit details are as below:

BE 500Y-IN
Serial No: BB0732009601
INPUT 230 V-, 10/.6A 50Hz
output UPS OUTLETS 500VA:
SURG PROTECTED OUTLET:
230V~, 3.8A, 47-53Hz

and the problem is...when i switch on the UPS the light turns to green color and i am able to work on my pc. after 10 to 15 mins the light turns to orange color and start beeping. if i do not switch off the UPS, it automatically switches off. please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks.

See Answer In Context

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/15/2011

Hello there!

Thanks for the specs, I managed to pull up the pdf file of the manual for the unit. An amber LED on this unit can mean a number of ew things; the unit is either On battery, running low on battery, or running a selftest ( immediately after turning the unit on).!http://www.apc-forums.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/21-6599-30176-1818/$5EEC8ECE01717CF8.jpg!

If you ask me I'd say that most probably the unit is running on battery due to inconsistencies in the input power (EMI/RFI, THD), or disturbance causing the battery to discharge. You might want to try to plug the unit into a different wall outlet/ different circuit to see if it does the same thing.

*I've attached the pdf of the manual, hope this helps!

See Answer In Context

Attachments
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/14/2011

Good day!

Can you include specifics of the APC unit like the part# , serial#, and what about the light indicators that are illuminated, or beeps that the unit makes. Are you using Powerchute Personal Edition? We need more information about the device or what it does so you can get the correct info.

Thanks!

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
anto0406_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/15/2011

Hi Kulot,

thanks for the reply. the unit details are as below:

BE 500Y-IN
Serial No: BB0732009601
INPUT 230 V-, 10/.6A 50Hz
output UPS OUTLETS 500VA:
SURG PROTECTED OUTLET:
230V~, 3.8A, 47-53Hz

and the problem is...when i switch on the UPS the light turns to green color and i am able to work on my pc. after 10 to 15 mins the light turns to orange color and start beeping. if i do not switch off the UPS, it automatically switches off. please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/15/2011

Hello there!

Thanks for the specs, I managed to pull up the pdf file of the manual for the unit. An amber LED on this unit can mean a number of ew things; the unit is either On battery, running low on battery, or running a selftest ( immediately after turning the unit on).!http://www.apc-forums.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/21-6599-30176-1818/$5EEC8ECE01717CF8.jpg!

If you ask me I'd say that most probably the unit is running on battery due to inconsistencies in the input power (EMI/RFI, THD), or disturbance causing the battery to discharge. You might want to try to plug the unit into a different wall outlet/ different circuit to see if it does the same thing.

*I've attached the pdf of the manual, hope this helps!

Attachments
anto0406_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/17/2011

Hi Kulot,

Thanks for the help. I've already tried your suggestion but no success; however i'll do some more test and update you the result. thanks again.

Regards.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/20/2011

You're most welcome Please post any updates if you can. Have a wonderful day!

anto0406_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/29/2011

Hi, Sorry for the delay. The UPS is working fine now. the manual which u sent is helped...according to the instructions under transfer voltage and sensitivity adjustment, i selected LOW sensitivity setting(Green flashing)...it works fine. so the problem was with the voltage input in my house. thanks for your help.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bernard on APC forums on 6/14/2011

Good day!

Can you include specifics of the APC unit like the part# , serial#, and what about the light indicators that are illuminated, or beeps that the unit makes. Are you using Powerchute Personal Edition? We need more information about the device or what it does so you can get the correct info.

Thanks!