Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82613members
350254posts

APC Back-UPS XS 1500 XS

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

APC Back-UPS XS 1500 XS

This question was originally posted by Robert on APC forums on 5/3/2009

Just received a Dell XPS 435T (Interl Core i7) Processor. I am attempting to use my APC Back-UPS XS 1500 XS with it and the sytem will reboot anytime you attempt to switch to battery power. There are some thread so the Dell support site about this being related to the stepped waveform instead of a pure sine wave for the AC. What woudl be the best APC UPS to use with this computer?

Accepted Solutions
BRUDET_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: APC Back-UPS XS 1500 XS

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/23/2009

Robert have you solved your UPS problem yet if you have purchased a new UPS whta did you get? I just ordered a XPS435 and want to be prepared I knew there was a sinewave question and though I would need to go to a Smart UPS but just interested to see which way you went. Whats your opinion of your new computer?

Thanks Gene

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Monchie_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/4/2009

Presumably, your Dell PSU is an Active-PFC. If so, you need a UPS which ouputs pure/true sine wave. The APC UPS that has it is the Smart-UPS model series , e.g., XL, RT.. Although I was told that newer (mid-2008) Back-UPS model series products were revised to better handle load requirements for PFC devices, which are within wattage range.
You might want to look at my thread "Pure Sine Wave UPS". My question was correctly answered by Erasmus

BRUDET_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/23/2009

Robert have you solved your UPS problem yet if you have purchased a new UPS whta did you get? I just ordered a XPS435 and want to be prepared I knew there was a sinewave question and though I would need to go to a Smart UPS but just interested to see which way you went. Whats your opinion of your new computer?

Thanks Gene