Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84599members
353868posts

2nd BX1300G Failed in 3 Months

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
JDAM_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

2nd BX1300G Failed in 3 Months

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/29/2011

I purchased the UPS for my home theater system that pulls about 500 watts.
I purchased my first unit in Mar 2011 fully charged, the UPS would not power 40 watt light for 30 seconds, I exchanged the UPS.
Second unit worked for 3 months the battery began slowly discharging for no apparent reason, and Online indicator was illuminated, low battery alarm began sounding, when the battery was depleted the unit shutdown anyway with no fault codes.
I'm assuming since there was no power issue the unit was running its bimonthly self test when it failed.
I installed the Power Chute software and ran self test the unit indicated an internal fault, but no fault codes on the LCD.
Does the "internal failure" battery issue or will I have to RMA the entire UPS?

Accepted Solutions
JDAM_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: 2nd BX1300G Failed in 3 Months

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/2/2011

APC replaced the UPS advanced RMA for free.
Excellent support, wish other companies would back their products in the same manner.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
JDAM_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: 2nd BX1300G Failed in 3 Months

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/2/2011

APC replaced the UPS advanced RMA for free.
Excellent support, wish other companies would back their products in the same manner.