Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82236members
349807posts

System: Set Daylight Saving Time.

APC UPS Data Center Backup Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for Data Center UPS, software and services including our APC offers designed to share knowledge, installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
jech_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

System: Set Daylight Saving Time.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/24/2015

I have a problem with UPS starting to sent mails with the subject “System: Set Daylight Saving Time.”

This has never been a problem before. I have set the DST to Manuel with the following specs:

Starting day 4th/Last Sunday in March at 2 am.

Ending day 4th/Last Sunday in October at 3 am.

I still get the mail with the subject “System: Set Daylight Saving Time.”, when the time is set from the ntp.

Hardware Factory

Model Number: AP9617

Serial Number: JAxxxxxxxxxxx

Hardware Revision: A10

Manufacture Date: 10/23/2003

MAC Address: 00 C0 XX XX XX

Management Uptime: 102 Days 22 Hours 31 Minutes

Application Module

Name: sumx

Version: v3.7.2

Date: 02/02/2010

Time: 19:08:16

APC OS (AOS)

Name: aos

Version: v3.7.3

Date: 02/02/2010

Time: 17:05:14

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: System: Set Daylight Saving Time.

This reply was originally posted by Jordan on APC forums on 3/25/2015

Jesper,

This series of card has been discontinued and replaced by our generation 2 series (AP9631/9630).  As generation 2 is the current series, we continue to provide firmware upgrades and bug fixes for generation 2 cards.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/24/2015

The frequency of this alarm showing up I think is a firmware bug. I would recommend you disable this event from emailing and/or event logging as it is just a nuisance alarm. You can do this under Administration->Network->By Event->System events and look for the event on the list to change its configuration.

jech_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/25/2015

Thanks for the reply.

I've changed the setting, so now it's only logged.

Is it a bug that, in time, will be fixed ?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/25/2015

No, it likely won't. These cards are older and discontinued so I wouldn't bet on something like this being addressed. Only major issues, if anything. They have been replaced by Network Management Card 2 (AP9630/31). 

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jordan on APC forums on 3/25/2015

Jesper,

This series of card has been discontinued and replaced by our generation 2 series (AP9631/9630).  As generation 2 is the current series, we continue to provide firmware upgrades and bug fixes for generation 2 cards.