Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349752posts

Smart UPC 750 (SMT750 - Not one with "Test" button) battery replacement indicator flashing

APC UPS Data Center Backup Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for Data Center UPS, software and services including our APC offers designed to share knowledge, installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
fergie42_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart UPC 750 (SMT750 - Not one with "Test" button) battery replacement indicator flashing

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/13/2016

From what I have discovered, it looks as though my UPS got overheated and the batteries died, however, how do I perform a self test to ensure they are indeed dead? There is no "Test" button on mine. From top down on my unit, there is a skinny long rectangular power button, followed by 4 indicators and 4 more shorter rectangular buttons (ESC, v,^ & Return).

If I need to replace batteries, what is best (cheapest) way to recycle old and get new?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart UPC 750 (SMT750 - Not one with "Test" button) battery replacement indicator flas

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/15/2016

Hi,

If the battery is failing the self-test it should be replace. You can test the batteries with a voltmeter. A good set of batteries should should read around 27v DC.  

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Smart UPC 750 (SMT750 - Not one with "Test" button) battery replacement indicator flas

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/14/2016

Hi,

Press the ESC key to get to the main menu. The using the up or down arrow scroll until you see Test & Diags. At that point press the return key then use the up down arrow to scroll to UPS Self Test and press the return key. Then press the down arrow to change the question to yes and  press the return key. The self-test will run. 

You can purchase a new battery from APC.com and you will received a return shipping label to use to ship the old battery to a recycling center in the U.S.

fergie42_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/14/2016

Bill,

I followed your instructions and am got the following after I completed the Self Test:

1) Flashing "Warning State: Connect battery" (even though batteries are in unity and battery connector is enabled on the back)

2) alternating with:

Load: 0%

Battery: 93%

3) and the Replace battery indicator is still on.

I powered down the unit (without delay), powered it up again and attempted another Self Test and got:

"Self test not available".

Note: previously Battery was flashing "88%" and now it is at "93%".

Any hope, or do I need to order a new battery?

Thanks Again,

Gary

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/15/2016

Hi,

If the battery is failing the self-test it should be replace. You can test the batteries with a voltmeter. A good set of batteries should should read around 27v DC.