Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82273members
349819posts

Replace SYPM10KF2 with SYPM10KF Possible?

APC UPS Data Center Backup Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for Data Center UPS, software and services including our APC offers designed to share knowledge, installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
stickman_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Replace SYPM10KF2 with SYPM10KF Possible?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/3/2017

Our system was installed with all SYPM10KF2 modules, we have had some failures and the price on the SYPM10KF are cheaper, can these be used instead of the power efficient SYPM10KF2 modules?

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Replace SYPM10KF2 with SYPM10KF Possible?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/4/2017

Hi,

The SYPM10KF2 modules are just high efficiency power modules as I think you already know. You can intermix these with SYPM10KF in the same system but depending on your system configuration, some firmware may need to be upgraded to allow that. So yes, you can use the less efficient SYPM10KF instead but I would double check with tech support or your usual contact to verify your system has all of the right firmware versions to allow SYPM10KF and SYPM10KF2 to work properly in the same system without issue.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Replace SYPM10KF2 with SYPM10KF Possible?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/4/2017

Hi,

The SYPM10KF2 modules are just high efficiency power modules as I think you already know. You can intermix these with SYPM10KF in the same system but depending on your system configuration, some firmware may need to be upgraded to allow that. So yes, you can use the less efficient SYPM10KF instead but I would double check with tech support or your usual contact to verify your system has all of the right firmware versions to allow SYPM10KF and SYPM10KF2 to work properly in the same system without issue.